Friday, November 30, 2012

Sick and Sick

I finally made the decision to go to the doctor. I always wait until I am very sure that there is a problem that I cannot fix until I go in. Because the reality is that without insurance it costs me $120 to just walk in the door. But I clearly was getting worse, not better after 11 days so in I went.

He found that I was right in that I do have a sinus infection but he also found that I was at 50% lung function. So they did a nebulizer treatment and then checked my lung function again. I could tell that it was easier for me to breath but my lung function was still just over 50%. I went home $260 poorer and with a sack of medications. Also with his warning ringing in my ear about my genetic predispoistion for asthma.

I have actually stayed in bed all day yesterday and today. My head is splitting but I can already tell the difference. The antibiotics are beginning to work. I am still wheezing like an asthmatic pug dog and I am hoping that will get better in the next couple of days. I see the doctor again next week ... sigh. This is not the time of year that I really wanted to spend $400 on medical bills.

But regardless, I am thankful for the ability to pay the doctor and the miracle of antibiotics. And I think that thankful is a very good thing to be ....

Just Connie

No comments: