Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Shoveling

I am wet, muddy, tired and sore. I also am filled with a sense of accomplishment. I spent most of the day shoveling gravel ... gravel that is now filling in the plumbing trenches. It is another step forward in finishing our Kitchen Project at the church.

I have to admit that in many ways it is a really nice break to do something that is so finite and measurable as shoveling gravel. You just keep shoveling until the gravel is all gone. It also feels good to do something so physical. I am very glad that I have the ability to still do things like that. I know many men and women my age who would be unable to spend a few hours shoveling wet gravel like that. I guess it makes me feel young .... well while I was doing it. Because right now my body is tired and sore and reminding me that I do not often use those muscles.

So today I will go to bed early and enjoy the good feeling of going to bed tired.

Tomorrow ... there is still a little shoveling to do.

Just Connie

No comments: