Monday, April 14, 2014

Unexpected Journey - Destination

So this unexpected journey I have been on took another unexpected turn yesterday. Over the last few days I had not been feeling well. My heart was racing, I was weak and shaky and it seemed to be getting worse. So at the urging of my niece I headed to the hospital to see if they could make sense of what was going on.


I was once again amazed at how quickly they got me in bed and hooked up to monitors and IV's. I have to admit that it was not encouraging as they looked at my heart rate and said ... "well that is not good". But after 6 hours of treatment, CT scans and medication my heart rate began to drop.


There were several good things that happened in that 6 hours. First of all there was no pulmonary embolism and my heart was strong and well and doing everything it was supposed to be doing. Well everything except running at twice the rate that it should have been. The final diagnosis was a reaction to the new med I had been put on.


With that good news I came home to continue to recover and gain strength.  I am finding that this journey can get discouraging along the way. The unexpected twists and turns can seem so overwhelming as I walk this path. However, regardless of the discouragement I am choosing to continue to look ahead to the journeys end. I fully expect things to get better because I know that God ultimately holds me in the palm of his hand. God loves me ... he desires good and wonderful things for me.


I just need to not let the journey overcome the destination. There are good things ahead.


Just Connie

No comments: