Monday, May 18, 2009

The Good & Beautiful

Over the past months I have opportunity to live life beyond my circumstances. To be honest there is a lot to my present circumstances that I do not like. Some of it is so painful, it still takes my breath away as I am faced with the daily reality of where I am. Some of it still grieves me as I struggle to come to grips with the loss of those that I love. Some of it brings a smile and a deep joy as I reflect on what God has accomplished through these difficult days. In truth it is a mixture of the good, the bad, the ugly and the beautiful.

I am trying to focus on the good and the beautiful and not the bad and the ugly, I do not think that I always do that successfully. It is so easy to see what I do not like, or what I feel like I am failing at and feel overwhelmed or so emotionally drained that I never really focus on the positive. So today I am going to list some of the things that are positive and beautiful in my life.

1. My relationship with God
2. My daughter Joy & my son Tony
3. My Mom & Dad
4. Ministry
5. My pets
6. Friends who love me
7. Opportunities for leadership
8. My job
9. My extended family
10. The community I live in
11. Good health & a strong body
12. A mostly sharp mind
13. Financial stability
14. A safe living situation
15. Gorgeous outdoor opportunities
16. A home of my own
17. Reliable transportation
(10 years old & 180,000 miles but still going strong)
18. Educational opportunities
19. The Free Methodists
20. Facebook & the chance to connect with friends.

God is good and He surrounds me with evidence of His love and care every day. I just need to stop and take the time to see it. This is a place I need to linger in and savor every day.

“One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.” Psalm 27:4

Just Connie

No comments: