Saturday, November 5, 2011

The New Neighbor

It started out as a very normal morning. I got up, built a fire, got ready for work and then went out in the cold morning mist to wheel the garbage can to the street. The thumping bumping noise rang out in the early morning stillness. The noise and commotion unfortunately startled my new neighbor. It was a neighbor that I did not even realize had moved in.

I learned quickly that it was a really bad idea to startle my new neighbor.The first I knew of the coming disaster was a quick movement in the culvert next to the road. I caught a glimpse of black and white as the stench filled the air. I beat a fast retreat to the house with my eyes and nose streaming in protest. I took inventory of the damage and realized that the skunk ....... had missed me.

Luckily my new neighbor had missed me. I came out of the encounter very well. My garbage can that was actually between the irate skunk and myself ....... not so good.

This gives the term stinky garbage a whole new meaning .....

Just Connie

No comments: