Thursday, September 12, 2013

Collarbone Saga

The collarbone saga continues ... I am finding that the pain level has decreased and I am much more comfortable. I actually slept last night with no pain pills and did not wake up in horrible pain like I have the last couple of days.

So because I am all better :) I made a couple of decisions. First of all, I am going to ride in the mud drags on Saturday. I have been asked several times and it has never worked out and I committed to it back in July. I actually think I will have a wonderful time and I am very much looking forward to it. Secondly, I am going to  continue on with my backpacking trip. Yes I think it will be uncomfortable, but it will not do damage, it is just a matter of toughing it out. I think I can do that.

So last night I drug my backpacking gear out and began to organize it and get things ready. I have not been backpacking in over a year and I have missed it. Because of my ongoing battle with the bacterial infection I also have not done much hiking and I need to get outside and let the beauty of God's world soothe and strengthen me.

So I will spend the rest of the week, sorting and packing and planning ... and of course getting excited.

I wish you could all come with me!

Just Connie

No comments: