Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pain and Celebration

I felt great yesterday, low levels of pain and I did not take any painkiller all day or at bed time. The flip side of that was that I woke up crying this morning. I hurt! So I drug myself to the Dr's office and started my day with a shot. I will also definitely take a painkiller at bed time tonight.

I am a little discouraged. This is not a bad break and I think I should be doing much better than this ... more like I was yesterday. Now that I read that over, that sounds pretty whiny. True ... but whiny.

So .... I will say that I am very grateful that I did not have a bad break. I am grateful that it is no worse. I am also grateful for good tools to manage the pain and inflammation so that my life is hardly impacted by this injury.

What is the worst that this injury will cause? Perhaps to not be able to ride in the mud drags on Saturday or to not go backpacking? I guess those are pretty small prices to pay if you look at in the frame of the big picture. Even though I had to cancel my vacation last spring because of the bacterial infection, this will not be my last chance to break away and take some time off. There will be other backpacking trips.

It is what it is and I just need to lay it down. God is still in control and God still loves me. There are things to celebrate right where I am. I think I would rather spend the day in celebration than in whining. I guess it  is time to start.

Want to come and join the party?

Just Connie

No comments: