Saturday, April 18, 2015

Frustration

I have been feeling so much better the last couple of weeks I packed up and headed to Kennewick to visit my daughter, son in law and grandson. I had no sooner gotten up there when my lungs  decided to take a vacation without me. Within 12 hours my lung function had plummeted and I was wheezing and short of breath. So after phone consultation with my dr back in Willamina, I was put back on antibiotics and begun on breathing treatments once again.

It was so wonderful to be there and get to know my grandson. But I was so disappointed to be so sick while I was there. I am so ready to find out what is causing this and get on the road to permanent recovery. This has been a long road and I have to admit that I get discouraged at times.

I am ready to reclaim my life and activities and everything that has been sidelined while my lungs have struggled to function. I want to hike and climb and do all the things I love to do. I want ... Well I guess it is not abut the want. It is about living fully in the moments I have. That means embracing even my frustration with where my health is right now.

Because when it comes right down to it, I do not want to waste my life grieving I've what is not there, but in celebrating what I have been given.

I guess it is time to celebrate....

Just Connie

No comments: