Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Grief

I stood there in disbelief and stared at the phone. "Could you please repeat that" I asked the Fire Chief? But the words were still the same ... I was being asked to respond to a cardiac arrest of a friend of mine.

I threw on my clothes, and began the sad, much too long drive to their house as I prayed for the words, the strength and the wisdom I would need in the coming hours. Over the next 7 hours, I prqyed, I cried and I just ministered in any way that I could. As I kissed everyone goodbye, my heart broke for the tough journey that lay ahead for all of us.

As I drove away, the tears began in earnest as I was flooded with grief. How I loved and respected this family. Their godliness, the dedication to personal growth and the great love they showed so willingly to me over the years.

So today, I grieve. I feel the feelings and allow God to comfort my heart. God is big enough for this and it is not goodbye to my friend. It is only "until we meet again".

Tomorrow, there is new life and new hope.

Just Connie

No comments: