Sunday, April 12, 2015

Getting Better

Feeling better, feeling stronger ... and that feels pretty good. My lung function ha taken some nice large leap in the pat week and I have begun a very slow  taper of my oral steroids. I am also off of the nebulizer treatment which seem to free up a lot of my day that I can actually do something productive.

The down side of all of this good news is that I am still on the oral steroid which means that I am not sleeping at night and I am still taking the narcotic cough syrup which I do not like at all. I find that I do not like feeling fuzzy and this particular medication is a time release med and so it hits you at odd times during the day with little to no warning. But on the up side, it is controlling my cough which is also improving my lung function so all in all it is probably a good trade off.

It is good to have my body somewhat  cooperating and getting back on track. I am within 50--60 point now of normal lung function for me and I can tell the difference in a big way So now I just need to keep working on it and keep healing.

It sounds so easy ... and yet it is so very challenging ...

Just Conni

No comments: