Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Changes

One of the things that has become clear over the past 5 years, is that my mild asthma suddenly is totally out of control. They have tried me on medication after medication. With the immune deficiency fueling the storm wit every infection.

The have been trying to get me on this fancy new biologic last ditch asthma drug. It has been a long approval process because it is very specialized and very new. I found out today that I have been approved and referred to the Salem Hospital Onocology/hematology to administer it it once a month. It is very expensive and the drug company will help underwrite my co-pays for the first year. But I will have major charges for my time at the infusion center.

And to really give me some discomfort, my medical fund is down to $500. I have to admit that made me tear up because I had just gotten notice that I have several thousand dollars of charges coming in for the gamma globulin. I am working hard to stay in a state of peace, but in all honesty in my humanness I do not see how I can pay for the treatments that are saving my life.

But for now I am moving ahead with the treatment they tell me I need to live. I am praying and trying to see God's heart and wisdom and will strive to take it as it comes. God has not abandoned me and I know He is there. But I also know that in this broken sinful world things do not always work out as we would like them to.

So .... I am praying for peace, for wisdom and for obedience. That is a pretty tall order.

Just Connie

No comments: