Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Treatment News

Well .... I heard from my immunologist yesterday about my latest blood work. The good news is that my antibody levels are moving ahead. I began somewhere in the 200's and the last test was in the 400's and this one was 635. However, it is not moving ahead fast enough. He explained that I really need to be over 800 which is still on the lower end of normal antibody range. And what that means is that he is increasing treatment. He is doing it is small incremental stages, so I do not think it will add much to my side effects yet. Next month we will do another step up.

I have to admit that I was disappointed. Not depressed, but disappointed. I was rather hoping the levels would be high enough that I could have a step down and go to one treatment a week. But this is my reality and I will embrace it to the best of my ability and continue to try to fit the treatments in. And live the abundant life I am given.

I am blessed by the doctors that I have, whoa re working so hard to get me strong and well. Drs who care about how I am handling the treatments, what side effects I am struggling with and who really want me to be well and happy.

I am blessed by my Drs and by my friends and family who faithfully stood beside me from the beginning. I am blessed and I know that, I feel it and it helps me find joy in the reality of ongoing treatments and illness.

There is joy and wonderful things ahead ...

Just Connie

No comments: