Thursday, April 13, 2017

Voice Therapy

I went to see my voice therapist today up at OHSU. It was an exciting appointment. She did some vocal warm ups with me and then asked me to sing a song. She was blown away at how much I had improved. It felt so good to be singing ... I could not stop smiling. My voice is not completely healed yet, but it is coming back.

She recorded my voice and then told me I have a very rare singing voice. She then showed me the digital printout of my voice. I have all of the overtones as I am singing. It is one of the things that gives me such a big powerful voice. Well, big and powerful except for the last couple of years. It has been more weak and squeaky.

She also confirmed my range and said she thought I would get my full vocal range back. She said she liked what my voice sounded like in the upper registers. Definitely a first soprano and she liked my voice! That was good to hear from a professional.

I am excited to get back to singing. She said I will still struggle with hoarseness for a while, until I get my muscles back. I just need to keep exercising.

I don't know when I have been so excited to exercise!

Just Connie

No comments: