Sunday, April 2, 2017

A Good Place

Sometimes I am left with treatment side effects that are not pleasant. I often have a headache that lasts several days and the whole intestinal response has been .. Well unpleasant. But this week after the second treatment the side effects hung on and hung on. At 2am they hit again and I was up all night. On a Sundy morning as I am preparing for worship, it is not how I like to start the day. But it is the reality of being on treatment.

I was  trying to explain too friend today that I am working hard at taking it as it comes. Trying to not get stressed about side effects, because the reality is that the treatments are saving my life. I think the side effects at this point are probably worth it. I am feeling stronger and breathing better. My voice is actually coming back and I am not wheezing as much. I have even been able to try some small step downs with the steroids which lessens some of the unpleasant side effects of the steroids, such as dropping my blood sugar.

So really even with side effects I think things are going pretty well. Life is good and I believe there are even better things ahead.

And that is a good place to be ...

Just Connie

No comments: