Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Another Step in the Journey

The past week has been a whirlwind of hospitals, dr's and testing.  I am still processing everything and gathering information.

The good news is that my lungs looked fairly good. However, they did find that I have a yeast infection in my lungs which they are treating for the next 30 days. That was good news to me since it explained why I have not been getting better.

The flip side is that the CT scan showed a mass on the tail of my pancreas. They sent me in for a targeted contrasted CT scan of my pancreas and the DR called me on Friday. It is a growth about an inch and a quarter by three quarters of an inch. He consulted with the team up at OHSU and they have picked the team that will be working with me. It looks like the next step is the consultation, MRI and probable biopsy. I should hear from them today about when that will happen.

Soooooo, how do I feel about all of this? For the most part I have a great sense of peace. No amount of worry is going to change what is or is not there. I find that I have also been really concerned about how the people around  me accept the information. I know the knee jerk reaction people have when there is a possibility of pancreatic cancer. I want them to know that I believe that God has me in the palm of his hand and I feel his presence in such an incredible way. Regardless of what lies ahead, I know that God is big enough, powerful enough and loving enough to bring me through.

I want to continue to live a life that glorifies God, brings love into people's lives and is a joy to be around. And that is plenty to keep my my mind and heart occupied while I walk this journey.

Just Connnie

No comments: