Thursday, September 21, 2017

Treatment Day Thoughts

Treatment Day! I popped out of bed at 6am to begin my first round of pretreatment drugs. From there it was shower, dress and take my normal morning medications. And then a quick breakfast, check in with my parents to let them know I am alive and well and then time for the second round of pre treatment meds. Then it was time for pre treatment blood glucose, blood pressure and breathing treatment. And  by then the "pokenator" was pulling into the driveway to set my needles for me.

Everything went well as the pump slowly pushed the drugs into my body over the next three hours or so. As usual, I fielded counseling calls, questions, Dr's offices and so on during the process. One of the calls was to tell me that my pancreas biopsy is scheduled for next Thursday at OHSU. It will be very good to get that behind me. Another call was from my immunologist to let me know that my antibody levels had finally crawled above the bottom range of normal. He is going to watch over the next couple of months and see if I can maintain or even grow a bit more in this dosage. I am very relieved to not be increasing the gamma globulin this month.

So here I am tonight, treatment done, nauseous, migraine but some answers laying ahead for next week. I am tired and groggy and ready to call it a night. But thankful for answered prayer and for everyone who has been lifting me to the Lord.

I continue to believe there are great and wonderful things lying in store for me. I just have to keep on the journey ....

Just Connie

No comments: