Monday, September 18, 2017

Hurry and wait and People have no idea

I am till waiting to hear from the OHSU surgical team. It seems the head urge on was out of thoffice last week so they were supposed to call me today .. . no call. So my day went on. I went to 5:30 am yoga class, then drove to the hospital in McMinnville for immune panel blood draw. Then I took my first round of pre medications and grabbed breakfast to eat in the car on the way home. I got home in time to lay the meds out, take the 2nd round of pre drugs and make a call to the pharmaceutical company that provides the gamma globulin so the next months worth of meds could be shipped out tomorrow. Then I made a very painful  and difficult text message, which got back a heep of flaming arrows at me. There are those people that you cannot disagree with, with out them going for your throat. It is a very sad thing.

By then it was time for my pre  treatment breathing treatments and by then the pokenator was there to place the needles for me. Once everything was ready taped in and secure, the line checked for blood it was time to turn the pump  on and let it slowly pump the gamma globulin into my body. That also meant it was time for round number three of pre drugs which help combat the treatment migraine I get. I crawled into bed waved goodbye to the pokenator and read and dozed until the first  syringe was empty.

By now my head was pounding , I was nauseous and I plugged the next syringe into the pump and began that as I took the first round of mid treatment drugs and checked my blood pressure. But finally it was finished and I could call the pokenator to come back and de needle me. Only one site had a small reaction today. So much better than last week.

Then it was time to see if I could keep some food down and head back to bed to sleep come of drugs out of my system.

Besides treatment, I handled 2 counseling phone calls, a question for one of the properties we have for sale, text messages to my doctors and of course waiting for OHSU to call.

Not that untypical for treatment other than the extra blood draw. Which I am praying is going to be showing some bigger numbers .. Please! Right now I find myself groggy, exhausted and still have  1 more round of post drugs and then my nightly meds. I also got the news that I am to be on night time oxygen every night. That was really disappointing to me. But I will be a compliant patient  and do what needs to be done.

I am still finding my way through the path. At time the road is bumpy, hurtful  and emotional. Some times there are even rocks thrown at me as I trudge along. But the amazing thing is, that God brings me through and though the "slings and arrows might hurt me" they cannot detroy me. God has my back and I I have incredible prayer support. I know he will meet every need. Abundantly, wonderfully, lovingly and in amazing ways.

Who knows what lies around the corner?

Just Connie

No comments: