Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Fishing Trip

 I left work an hour early today and went and picked up my son and we headed to the pond at a friends farm to do some fishing.

As my son cast his line into the pond, Hope Puppy immediately jumped in the pond to retrieve it. For some reason my son was not in favor of that plan. So Hope Puppy sat at my feet the rest of the time and waited for the okay to get in the pond.

It was a delightful trip, I brought a book and sat in the shade as I watched my bobber float across the pond. Every once in a while I reeled it in and cast it back out. My son actually caught two small bass and was thrilled. I caught a salamander and was definitely was not thrilled!

As we packed our poles up and watched the sun dipping behind the hills I finally threw Hope Puppy's stick in the pond so she could go and play. It was impossible to not laugh as she would launch herself in the pond and swim to the stick.

So tonight we are happy and tired. Spending a quiet evening together filled me with a deep contentment.

It was a wonderful evening and I feel  blessed ....

Just Connie

No comments: