Monday, May 14, 2012

Woman of the Year

One of the things the women in my congregation do each year is choose a "Woman of the Year". These are women who have stood out in their service to the church and to Christ. The roster of women who have won this event are incredibly godly women who have made a difference int he church and in the community.

This year as I sat and listened to the description of the lady they were honoring this year I was stumped. They were saying that she was someone involved and loved in the community, someone that people depend on and trust, someone who loves people and loves the Lord. Then they said, "someone who brings the party with them wherever they go." At that point I was pretty sure it was my friend Teresa who was sitting at my table. Then they said, "Someone who loves to hike and backpack .." It was at that point that I thought, "Hey is there someone else here who backpacks?" And then I realized that everyone was staring at me and they were calling my name.

I sat there in shock ... I absolutely did not expect it. The tears ran down my face as I stood to accept my award. What an incredible honor, how amazing and wonderful! I do not even have words to describe how it made me feel. I am going to hand my plaque with pride in my office to remind me of this moment.

I am humbled, blessed and so very honored.  .... Yes ... this is a moment I want to remember.

Just Connie

No comments: