Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Heart Hurt

My heart hurts. It is an ever present hurt that feels like a great weight pressing down on me. I would love to be able to just shrug this off and go on, but yet I know that grief is a process. I have to walk through this one step at a time. There are no shortcuts and I cannot ignore it. It is what it is.

So I will take another step forward and allow myself to "feel the feelings" God created me to feel. Those very feelings warn and inform me. They warn me of potential danger and inform me of things about my life and about me.

I know that not only will I get through this, but there is joy ahead. I know this because God promises it and He has proven it to me over and over again.

So I will take one more step in the dark, knowing that the light is yet ahead of me.

Just Connie

No comments: