Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Best Job

I am slowly beginning to get things back in order after two weeks of playing up on the roof. Today has been one meeting after another and tomorrow does not look much better. In fact yesterday looked a lot like this as well.

Weeks like this can get fairly  tense for me when I am juggling a lot of meetings and a lot of deadlines but I still have to say that I have the best job in the world. I feel very fortunate to do what I do. I am also blessed with a congregation who also believes that I need to be out in the community. That is a very healthy perspective and means that we are building bridges out in the community. It also means that my days are filled with many and varied things.

For instance this morning began with an early morning Chamber of Commerce meeting. From there I headed to the fire Hall where I was part of a webinar on community health initiatives and then part of a lively discussion about what we could do locally. From the Fire Hall I headed back to the church to meet with my associate pastor and eat a quick lunch, followed up for the search for the carnival Banner that needs to be hung. By the time that was wrapping up, I had gotten a call for a food box so I ran over to the food pantry and took care of that. Then I had a series of drop in visitors. Now it is time for me to head over to the west Valley Community Campus for the Board of Directors meeting. By the time that is finished it will be 6:30 and time for me to think about dinner and head home.

I love that my work day is never the same from one day to the next and it is full of life and people and usually plenty of laughter.

I really do have the best job in the world ....

Just Connie

No comments: