Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Blessed and Happy

I am swamped in paperwork! Papers, papers everywhere .... I am beginning to think that someone snuck into my office and filled my desk with papers. However, I suspicion that it is all from me. I have been frantically trying to sort through some of this mess while fielding a long string of drop in visitors today. I am hoping to have at least some of it taken care of before my noon meeting.

I have been slowly working my way through the list of phone calls, the mail and other assorted problems from my two weeks off. it is a tough enough process that I always end up wondering if it is really worth it to be gone for two weeks in a row. I think in spite of it all, it truly is worth it.

I have a lot on my plate this week. Some of the irons in the fire are Fire Department Board Meeting, Kiwanis, West Valley Ministerial Association Meeting, West Valley Community Campus Board Meeting, Chamber of Commerce, volunteering at the school and I am supposed to be heading up a group to remove the old roof from a  house. Just a few small things to squeeze into a normal kind of week.

All of this reminds me that I am blessed to have a varied and eclectic schedule. I feel that it keeps me connected to people and keeps things fresh for me. I once told someone "that if it was not for meetings I would have no social life". That is actually pretty true for me, those meetings brings me into contact with a host of people who might never step foot into the church.

I am blessed and I am happy ... and I have things to do. That sounds pretty good to me ... I better get to it!

"I know that there is nothing better for people than to be happy and to do good while they live." Ecclesiastes 3:12

Just Connie

No comments: