Tuesday, October 1, 2013

The Hunting Trip

After 8 miserable days of wind and rain, I packed up the car and headed home. I did not do any of the things I had planned to do. No hiking, no reading out in the gorgeous outdoors. It is beautiful country and I saw very little of it.  To further complicate the trip, there is no phone reception and I was trying to close on the house refinance. That meant I was driving to phone reception a couple of times every day.

I have to admit that the trip had its exciting moments. My son's tent blew into the meadow when he and his dog were in it. My nephews tent had two of its poles broken. But I was finding that I was tired of being wet and cold all the time. So I came back to finish the house loan and do some relaxing here.

So now I am mostly unpacked and trying to get all the loads and loads of laundry done. This was not how I was hoping my two weeks off would play out.

Oh well ... that is life ...

Just Connie

No comments: