Thursday, October 17, 2013

Project Completed!

Finally after 31 hours of back breaking labor by 25 volunteers our part of the roof is done. I am sore, tired, dirty and feeling pretty satisfied with things at this point.

I have to admit that I really like these opportunities to serve the community in ways that get me out from behind my desk. I could not have asked for better weather or better company to make it all happen.

The biggest problem we faced was when I found myself suddenly falling through the rotten roof. I was very fortunate that one of my volunteers grabbed my arm and held on for dear life because I do not think anything would have stopped me until I hit the floor. The hard part was that the roof was so rotten that they could not get close enough to pull me out. I was afraid that we were all going to go plummeting through. But little by little they eased me out and we slowly crawled out of there.

I am grateful for others who are willing to work hard to help someone else. It blesses me and encourages me to continue to serve. I think it is always the right choice.

Let's see .... what will I do next.

Just Connie

No comments: