Thursday, October 10, 2013

Tired Puppy

I am a tired. tired puppy tonight. I just spent the last 9 hours tearing shingles off of a house and pulling up rotten boards and replacing them.

There are always things I learn when I am part of a big work project like this. Some of the things I learned today were:

  • Roofs seem to grow square footage when you start tearing shingles off.
  • Every piece  you try to remove will have at least 4 times the nails/staples that you expect
  • Shingles give you slivers
  • When you drop a rotten piece of wood though the open skylight, it explodes when it hits the ground
  • My energy does not last as long as the work does.
  • There will be more rot than you expect
  • It is fun to work side by side with friends
So now I am sitting here with my feet on the coffee table trying to talk myself into getting up and doing something. My body says no ...

I think for tonight my body wins ... tomorrow it is back on the roof again.

Just Connie

No comments: