Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas Day

Christmas Day ,,, I am not sure how it got here so quickly. But I popped out of bed at mom and dad's at 5:00 this morning. after dragging my nephew out of bed we opened our stockings played with the dogs and enjoyed an hour with the family. Then I packed up the car and drove home to Willamina.

After unpacking the car and dropping Hope Puppy off, I headed down to Coyote Joe's for the Annual Christmas Dinner. For the next 5 hours I  waited and bused  tables, and laughed and joked and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

There is something so very satisfying about taking the time to serve others instead of moping around home by myself. I am very glad to have this gift of opportunity given to me each year. It makes my Christmas so much richer and joyful.

So here I sit tonight, tired, happy and feeling very content with life. I am thinking that is a pretty good feeling at the end of a pretty good day.

Just Connie

No comments: