Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Christmas Time is Here

It seemed that I had plenty of time before Christmas. All of a sudden Christmas is rushing up on me and I have very little done. Yesterday it dawned on me that I had done next to no shopping. So after I finished up my sermon work I headed into McMinnville to go shopping. I have to admit that it is not nearly as much fun as it used to be.

However, I persevered and headed to Pier 101 where I wanted to look at the Christmas ornaments. I had broken so many of my special ornaments last year when the tree fell over that I decided I was going to buy one special ornament every year. So I chose a beautiful hand painted, hand blown ornament ads the first of my new collection. While I was there I actually found some stocking stuffers for my mom and enjoyed some quiet time in a very peaceful store. I highly recommend it as a place to shop during Christmas.

From there I headed over to JC Penny's because I have been trying to find something special to wear for the Candle Light Service. However ... I struck out once again. But I decided to celebrate by grabbing a hamburger while I drove to the next store on my list to get the last of my son's Christmas presents and Birthday gifts.

As usual my son asked for only one thing ... ammo. Last year I actually bought him a bunch of ammo. Nothing says "Merry Christmas like a pile of ammunition. This year I decided that I was NOT going to buy him ammo and actually found a few things that I knew he really needed.

So I came home last night tired but almost finished with my shopping. I have a few little odds and ends to pick up and of course some baking to do. Now to just get all of the church work done that needs to happen before Sunday.

I just need a couple of extra days in the week this week to get it all done. That is a pretty reasonable request .... right?

No comments: