Friday, December 13, 2013

Christmas Tree 2013

So Christmas has come to my house. I was leaning towards not putting up a tree this year, because I was so busy and no one was coming over for Christmas. So I was thinking I could simplify everything by not doing a tree this year.

However, much to my surprise my son went out and cut a tree for me. And what a tree it is ... it has about 15 branches on the entire tree. It is a sad little tree that would  make Charlie Brown proud. Not only that but the trunk was too small for my tree stand. It took a full 24 hours before my son was able to come up with a solution to fix the trunk issue. Then I realized that the ladder was out on the deck covered with six inches of snow and a week of ice. SO I drug the ladder in the house to let it thaw out with towels under it to catch the mess.

The ladder had thawed out the next morning so when I got home that night we began the attic trek. Getting in the attic is always fun because for me the ladder is about a foot too short. That means I have to pull myself into the attic by my arms as if I was doing chin ups. I keep telling myself that it is good for me ... but some days it is a whole lot harder to do than other days. But we got up there and I was even able to pull down just the family room decorations.

So today I have been puttering around decorating the tree and putting up a few decorations. I have to admit that it is kind of nice to have a tree up. Perhaps it will even motivate me to wrap some presents and finish my shopping. Who knows perhaps I will even get some baking done.

And you know ....the sad little tree is growing on me.

Just Connie

No comments: