Friday, March 31, 2017

A New Medication

It has been good to be feeling better and stronger. But I had a reminder this week that my lung issues are not gone. First of all I was allowed another small step down on the steroids, which thrills me because they cause so many side effects and I have been on them so long. But it has caused a small downturn in my peak flow. The last step down evened out over a couple of weeks and I expect that it will do the same thing this time. I also had one of those treatments where there is more side effects and one of them was I got a bit wheezy after treatment. I am still noticing a bit of a wheeze when I lay down, but I expect it to slowly improve as well.

All of my doctors have been reminding me that my asthma is not controlled. And intellectually I know that it is not magically healed, but it is hard to look at it objectively when I am feeling better, They are trying to get me on a brand new asthma drug. It has taken another step forward in the approval process and I am beginning to see the big picture of this new drug. It is very new and very expensive. I would have to go to the hospital once a month to receive it. My local hospital has never administered it before but they say they are willing. It is an odd feeling to find myself looking at yet more medication and I have to admit it makes me a bit uneasy.

But I am trusting my doctors, and expecting good things. I am placing the whole asthma medication in God's hands. If I need to have it, then it will be approved. If not, then  block the approval process. And it is good to be able to just lay it the altar and leave it there.

So I continue to work on getting stronger, letting my lungs heal, get my voice back and try to be compliant with my doctors.

I am not sure which of those is the hardest .....

Just Connie

No comments: