Thursday, May 18, 2017

Increase in Treatment

I have been waiting to get the results of my latest immune panel blood work. My IGG antibodIes have been steadily coming up each month while I have been in treatment. Last month they were at 632. My doctor increased treatment to help get the antibodies to a Minimum 800+. So with the increased treatment I was expecting some good numbers. However, the number that that was staring at me from the lab report was 645. Virtually unchanged, even with the increase.

I have to admit that I was surprised and disappointed. I was so sure that I was going to see numbers that were close to therapeutic levels .... But no. And it was with a sinking heart that I realized that this would most likely mean another increase in treatment. An increase in treatment brings additional side effect issues.

My immunologist called yesterday and yes, he is increasing treatment by 1 gram each treatment. So I will be getting 10 grams each week instead of the 8 grams I have been getting for the last month. I will take it as it comes and continue to work on mitigating the side effects. I am not anxious to end up dehydrated again.

I am a firm believer in embracing the reality we have, but some realities are a lot pricklier to embrace than others. Never the less, there are things for me to learn on this journey nd I will search for joy and laughter along the way.

There are good things ahead ...

Just Connie

No comments: