Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Second Increased Treatment

I try to not let my illness and treatment control my life. But I have to admit that it ,has been very challenging this past couple of weeks. Part of it is that there rend ditto all side effects which seem to be lingering longer. Side effects such as nausea, extreme fatigue, the constant intestinal issues and the migraine. It really cuts into my work week and my hministry week as well. It is challengingntrying  to fit everything in.

Today began with my 6am yoga class and then I rushed home cleaned up packed up my pre meds  and headed to the weekly Chamber Meeting. I take my first round of premeds which is basically more steroids and meds for my stomach. I spend the next hour taking notes and then at 9 I take my second round of premeds. Then I pack up and head home.

Once there I load the syringes with the gamma globulin attach all the needles and tubes. Lay out my mid treatment drugs and my post treatment drugs. And wait for who ever is going to help me put the needles in the back of my arms where I cannot reach it. Once I have all the needles in, the syringe is put in the pump and over the next several hours, the meds are slowly dispersed as I sleep.

I usually wake up when the pump clicks off and I stagger to the bathroom to pull the needles out, disinfect the area, stop any bleeding and bandage things up. Then I package everything up to be ready for the next treatment. I then eat something, stagger back to bed and begin to sleep the drugs off.

It makes for a long day but I have been very thankful for the people  who are willing to give their time to help with treatment. I see the immunologist in a couple of weeks and in a month I will get my next blood panel to see if the antibodies are coming up.

So in spite of losing a couple of days a week, in treatment I am still trying to live full and free. I read  books, I hike, I spend time with friends  and I will soon be paddle boarding. I am immersed in ministry and life is good.

I choose to focus on the positive and expect the best. There are good things ahead for me, I just have to keep walking this journey.

Looking forward to what is next ....

Just Connie

No comments: