Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Perspective

My head hurts .... that is not unusual the day after treatment, I just usually do not share it. But today my head hurts, my stomach is upset and I am exhausted. All part of what I call my treatment hangover.

But in spite of my body complaining, I was able to drive home from my parents, unpack, go to the bank and the pharmacy. And then I made the Kiwanis meeting at a local farm we were touring. And then met someone at the church who was interested in some of the tomato starts we are selling.

Now it is early evening and my body is screaming to skip dinner and go to bed. I am trying to ignore it to the best of my ability, but I have a feeling the body is going to win on this one.

I know that there are people who sail through gamma globulin treatments without side effects. I keep pointing out to God that I would really like to be one of those people. That is about the time when he reminds me of how much better it is than it was last time I was on treatment. They really have done a great job of trying to control the side effects. I was reminded of that several weeks ago when I had the rough treatment, where I threw up for four days .... Oh yeah, I remember now what it was like last time.

So I will do my best not to whine or complain and just let it be what it is. I need to remind myself that each and every drop of gamma globulin is actually saving my life. And nausea, diarrhea, muscle aches and fatigue are a small price to pay.

Perspective really makes a difference. I am choosing joy, and I am choosing to look at the bigger picture and to not get lost in the yuck. Life is good and there is joy all around and so much yet still ahead of me.

Who knows what tomorrow will hold .....

Just Connie

No comments: