Thursday, July 20, 2017

Long Day

It was treatment day and I was in a groggy drug haze when the phone call came in. "What Do you mean there is someone living in our church rental house? The renter moved out several months ago" But as my groggy brain finally processed the information I realized that a squatter had moved into the house the church had been willed. The house that is an hour away from Willamina. After many conversations with the police they were finally able to go over and give her 24 hours to vacate the premises or she would be arrested for breaking and entering. It was a relief when the police got back to me the next day to let me know she was gone.

So today my neighbor Phil went with me to help me secure the house, board over the broken window (where the squatter had gotten in) I bribed him with Abbeys pizza, always a good bribe!

When we walked into the house I was stunned, there was a couch a dining room table, dishes, pictures, a dresser, clothing, decor items and even a coffee table. How did one lady without a car get all of that stuff in there within a couple of days? Well it seems she did it with a shopping cart! I began to drag her things out of the house and stack them on the front lawn so she could come and get it. And sure enough she came with her shopping cart and began to take them back to her apartment several blocks away. While I worked on emptying the house, Phil boarded up the broken window and checked for other vulnerable spots.

But finally the house had been emptied and the place secured and we ended up at Abbeys Pizza as promised. We then took the hour car ride home. I was tired, sweaty and absolutely done in when I pulled into the garage. But what greeted me in the garage was even a bigger shock that the church rental house. Someone had delivered a ton of stove pellets while I was gone! I sat there and cried!

I am so amazed and overwhelmed by the love and generosity of this community. I have no idea who did this incredible gift. But I am so grateful! And it humbles me. I do not feel like I deserve that kind of love, but yet there it is. What an amazing encouragement.

This is a great way to end a long day ..l with love and encouragement.

Just Connie

No comments: