Monday, July 10, 2017

Vacation Thoughts

About 4 months ago, my adventure buddy and I booked 4 days up in Banff cAnada. It is a place I have always wanted to spend time and do some hiking there. When I scheduled it fur months ago. Was sure that my treatments would be at a managable level and there would be no problems for me. But after my appointment with the immunologist last week it became clear that they treatments would be at the very least at the same level they will be with the most recent increase. And potentially it could be worse if they are forced to increase once again.

I really wrestled with reconciling my medical condition and treatment to an out of the country vacation. The more I thought about the ore apparent it seemed to me that the Banff vacation was not going to work this year. I was in tears as that reality sunk in. We had been so excited and looking forward to this trip ands my needs, my medical needs was wiping out our plans.

I saw down with my adventure friend and explained what my concerns wer given the hard truths he had for me when I saw him last week. She was gracious and understanding. It is no wonderful I love and respect this friend of mine. She has a heart of compassion that is incredible and it even extends to me.

Onc I had fought back the tears once again I began throwing out some ideas of what we could do.i have more vacation that she does. I could easily take a Saturday,Sunday, Monday to do some short trips are the site we have been wanting to see. Thing like Crater Lake, the Painted Hills, John Day Fossil beds and so on. It began to be a bit more exciting as we realized that there were things we could do to get away within driving distance.

Soooo, though I am really disappointed , I realize that I cannot camp there, I need to look beyond my disappoint and begin to dream, some new dreams for my vacations. I think I will Have Tami make a list of some possibilities she would like to explore and then I will do the same thing and we will put a travel plan for the next three months.

I am continually amazed at the barrage of emotions I am hit with as I continue this journey ZI am on. They seem to come so fast, so unexpected and really rather constant as well.

I am thankfully today that I am not completely blinded by my disappointment and that Godis still in the business of putting hope in my heart. I have to say that it feels much better to me than the disappointment train that had pulled into my station.

Still trust God in all of th, still believing in the life, growth and lessons I will get to embrace ask continue on this journey. 

I am choosing to see life thr the glasses of faith and hope. There are good and wonderful things ahead.

Just Connie

No comments: