Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Today's Treatment

Sometimes treatment goes well, but the side effects hit a little harder. Today was one of those days. The treatment went off without complications other than my team was over 30 minutes late. So my meds were a bit off but not too bad.

I dozed and read until the pump clucked off a couple of hours later. I got up, took the empty syringe out of the pump and put the next one in. Then headed back to bed. By then I was feeling pretty queasy and my head was pounding. I took my nex round of mid treatment drugs to try to calm everything down. When the pump clicked off in a little over an hour, I texted my friend Carolyn who wanted to come and take the needles out and assess how things were looking.

She came over, removed the needles, disinfected everything and bandaged me up. I sat up and gave her a big hug and that is when I started crying. I have no idea why, I just did. I think sometimes the drugs and the treatments hijack my body. I couldn't believe I was crying. But Carolyn being Carolyn it just did not phase her at all. Of course I tried to joke it off, but she knew and she gave me an even bigger hug.

So right now I am feeling weak, shaky, my blood pressure is high and I can feel treats lurking under the surface. I do not think anything is wrong ... I just think it is reaction to everything going on.

Tomorrow will be better and I will gave trouble figuring out why I was so upset .... But at least treatment is done for this week. I have 4 days to recoup and recover. And then I will hit it again. I keep reminding myself that every drop of this is saving my life.

I continue to choose life ...  I Can do this ... I can do this ....

Just Conne

No comments: