Monday, July 17, 2017

Squatters

Last year we were willed a house in  Newberg which is about 45 minutes away from Willamina. My neighbor Phil stopped by there today to take  care of the overgrown lawn. But while he was,there he made a disturbing discovery. One of the back windows had been broken out and someone,had moved in to our house that we are preparing to put on the market.

Phil called me to find out what I wanted home to do. I told him to call 911 and report a break in. The police were not very excited about coming out and asking her to leave. The said chasing off squatters are not really our "thing" I could not believe that someone coule break into you house and you did not have many options other than to start a formal eviction process for someone that was. Never a renter!

I finally had a very nice officer call me and asked me what I would like to. I told him that the bottom line is that we need her out. So he told her that she had until tomorrow afternoon to remove herself and all of her things or she would be arrested for breaking and entering. I was so relieved which was rather challenging since I was so filled with treatment drugs that I was not sure I could even hold a conversation well.

But somehow it all got down and if I need I will head to Newberg tomorrow to get the house squared around with  the police. I am very thankful that Phil discovered it today and that we were able to find a policeman who was actually helpful.

And all of this happen on a treatment day.... I don't have the emotional resources. Or the clear mind to deal with this kind of stuff on treatment days. But so glad that it seems to be working.

I wonder what tomorrow will bring..... Uhmmmm

Just Connie

No comments: