Thursday, July 6, 2017

Treatment Increase

I sighed as I finished unloading the car. I knew I was going to have to sit down and think about what the immunologist had told me just a couple of hours before. But I was working hard to,ignore it for a while.

But eventually the busy work was done and the reality of my appointment could not be avoided. My immune antibodies were not coming up. Treatment would have to be increased. And it looked like it will increase by 2 grams each treatment.

Those two extra grams will make a difference. First of all, it will be 70 C 'some of fluid. The syringes are only 60 CFCs. So that means the syringes will have to be swapped out after the first one is empty. It will also obviously increase the length of treatment. Probably back to over three hours again. And the side effects could potentially increase as well. But it is hard to imagine that it can actually get worse.

I told the Dr I am willing to do what I need to do to get well ... And I am. I just sometimes wish that it was not so hard and not so intrusive into my life. But as both he and the pulmunologist have reminded me. I will not stay well, if I do not fix the immune issues. One of his statements to me today was to remind me to stay away from sick people. That is much easier said than done.

So probably sometime next week the extra drugs will arrive and the increased treatments will start. I know I will adjust and go on .... Sometimes though, I wish it was different. The bottom line is that God is still big enough to meet this need in my life and bring me through. This is not the end, it is just part of the journey.

Another step forward ...

Just Connie

No comments: