Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Too Much

I sighed as I put my phone down. It was the Drs office asking me to come in and talk to the Dr about my blood test results. "That can't be good" I thought as I began to think over what might have been flagged this time. Realizing that was an endless pit of questions, I pushed the thoughts to the background until I could see him the next day.

All too soon I was sitting across from my primary care Dr who is also my good friend. He pulled out a copy of my latest blood work and then a copy of my blood work from April and May. He pointed out that there has been a steady increase in my white cell count even though the decreasing steroids should be decreasing my white cell count as well. We did some on line research together and then decided I would touch bases with my immunologist and my hematologist to see if the Nucala treatment could be increasing my white cell count.

I came home tired,  nauseous (it is the day after treatment) and discouraged. I try to take things as they come, to embrace my reality. But tonight I find that I am tired of facing yet another problem. I have a feeling some of what I am feeling emotionally might be a response to what is happening physically. But yet here it is .... I am discouraged.

So I will do my best to look beyond what I am feeling, to trust in God's love and his presence. There will be joy to be found as I continue this journey. Tomorrow is another day.

Just Connie

No comments: