Thursday, March 8, 2012

Public Official

I was sworn into public office tonight. I have to say that I was a bit surprised to find myself there. I was asked several weeks ago if I would consider filling the remainder of a term for someone who had left the City Fire Department Board. Tonight they voted unanimously to appoint me to the term.

As I stood in front of the flag, raised my right hand and was sworn in, I was unexpectedly moved by the ceremony. To swear to uphold the Constitution of the United States is an amazing vow. I am really honored to have this opportunity.

This next year should prove interesting as I serve over this next year. Who knows I might even learn something?

I guess stranger things can happen ... after all I was sworn into public office tonight.

Just Connie

No comments: