Monday, March 26, 2012

Blessing

Several months ago our church was blessed when we we granted a Local Minister's License to one of our members. In our denomination it is the first steps towards ordination. It is the local body saying, "We see the gifts and graces for ministry in this person." In the months since I have been blessed to get to know him as he has worked on some of his educational requirements as he continues to prepare for ministry.

Yesterday I personally was blessed as I sat and listened to his first sermon. I have to say that it was amazing. I laughed, I was challenged and I have to say that I was very proud of him. If you have not yet heard it I recommend that you visit our church web site and look up the sermon for March 25th. (willaminafmc.org)

There is a wonderful sense of rightness when you can see the pieces all begin to fall into place and that is what I experienced yesterday. Matt was doing what God has called him to do and that showed in every word he shared.

I am so glad, so honored to be part of his journey. I know that God is going to do incredible things in and through him in the months ahead. I can hardly wait to see what happens next.

"...devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to preaching and to teaching."
1 Timothy 4:12



Just Connie

No comments: