Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Springtime in Alaska

There is a song that I grew up singing with my family, "It's Springtime in Alaska".  It tells of how the Eskimos go swimming in 50 feet of snow. I have to admit that song has come to mind several times today. As I sit here typing this I am watching the snow come down yet again. The trees are white and and it seems that though the calendar says that it is spring, the weather does not seem to know that.

So after a very busy week and a 14 hour work day yesterday I decided to gather up my briefcase and go home. And here I am, instead of doing housework I am curled up in front of the fire watching the snow. 

I am thinking that nights like this are pretty rare and I am planning on enjoying every moment of it. in fact .... I think what I need now is ... popcorn.

Yep, fire, popcorn and netflix ..... ahhhh ....

Just Connie

No comments: