Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 Reflection

New Year's Eve ... how did it get here so quickly? This is always a time of introspection for me. Not only is it the end of the old year and the cusp of a brand new year but I am approaching the anniversary of when life changed for me.

It was almost 4 years ago I frantically threw what I could get to in a bag and quietly crept out of the house in the middle of the night. I remember being gripped by fear that my husband would awaken from his drunken stupor and catch me before I could get out of the house. I remember the sobs that tried to keep in as I realized that my life had suddenly changed. I remember .....

And in that remembering, I sorrow for what was lost in my husband's choice for alcohol. I sorrow ... but yet I rejoice in what God has done in the last 4 years. He has brought new life, joy and freedom. To live without fear is a precious gift and I never want to take it for granted.

So tonight as I remember and reflect I acknowledge the grace and power of God. I am filled with overwhelming thankfulness for his love and restoration.

And that is a pretty good way to start a new year ....

Just Connie

No comments: