Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Unwritten Book

2013 is a  unwritten book ... blank pages stretching out in front of me. The story of the year will slowly unfold day by day as I live life in the days ahead. The thing I have discovered is that the year never goes as I think it will. I know there will be sorrow and loss. There will also be joy and lessons to be learned.

I know that much of how I experience the year will  be dependent on the attitude I greet each day with. This year I would like to put aside the attitudes that can hold me back from living fully each page of this new book that I am writing. That means I need to be willing to let go of attitudes that hold me back and embrace those things that fill my life with the goodness that God has for me.

That means instead of fear, I need to live in the confidence that comes from trusting God. Instead of loneliness, I need to see the love that is all around me, and to dare to love freely in return. Instead of tears, I want to choose joy.

My prayer is that as this book is written, it will glorify God, be a blessing to those around me and be a testimony to the reality of God's love.

Now that would be a book worth reading ...

Just Connie

No comments: