Saturday, May 11, 2013

I Need a What?

My father has decided that I need a man in my life. Luckily it has not gone so far as trying to set me up with actual dates. So far he is just pointing out to me frequently that I need a man. I always laugh and tell him that I am doing fine. Today we were both at a family wedding, of course he pointed out that I really needed a man. I rolled my eyes at him and said that having a male bunny at the house was enough for me. And that is when he turned to me and said, "I do not want you to grow old alone".

Of course I laughed and told him that I would never be alone because I expected him to outlive me. But I have to admit that he managed to pinpoint one of my personal sorrows and fears. As I have turned that over in my mind I keep reminding myself that I am never really alone and that my life is full and rich just the way it is.

And I will keep recognizing that fact until the temporary fear and loneliness fades away.

I am never alone ....

Just Connie

No comments: