Monday, May 6, 2013

What I Need

There are some special challenges to being a single woman. One of the challenges is that everyone wants to "fix" you up. Another challenge is that there is an assumption that I am always looking for that special someone. For many women the thought that I am "on the prowl" is always there. Even though I can say with honesty and frequency that I do not date and I am not looking for a relationship, I am still seen as somewhat suspect. .... because how in the world could I not want to be married?

I often sigh as I dodge blind dates and well intentioned friends. I also sigh as I realize that my singleness is making someone uncomfortable. Not because of my actions, but just by the nature of what I am. Today I am sighing ...

I guess the fact that I am sighing is a reminder to pray. Pray about my relationships, pray about my attitude and pray for a kind compassionate heart as I walk the path of singleness. Less of me and more of Christ.

That is always what I need ....

Just Connie

No comments: