Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Out of the Norm

Sometimes as a pastor I get to do some really fun things. This week I got called on to do one of those really fun things. I went down to the Fire Hall to help with the Lieutenant interviews. I was part of a panel with three Fire Chiefs from neighboring districts. My part was to play the crazy mean person trying to burn things like tires and household garbage. When I finished with the first candidate the other chiefs looked at me with their mouth open and said, "Wow! I think you scare me!"

It was also fun to see the reactions of our Willamina candidates who know me. They were in absolute shock. One of the candidates told me afterwards that he had trouble shifting gears because he just knew I was much too nice to be that mean. I told him that I just have him fooled about my secret nature. He said that anytime he gets a burning complaint he is just going to come and check my back yard first.

I guess during the interviews the candidates were actually hearing the yelling going on in the board room and could not imagine what horrible things were going on. It made me laugh to think of them standing out there trying to figure it all out.

It was a chance to break out of my normal role and routine and just have some fun. It also helps to develop some deeper ties with the crew which I always appreciate the chance to do. I mean any chance that I can let my inner crazy person out ..... now that is a good day.

Just Connie

.

No comments: