Monday, May 27, 2013

Determination

I am determined .... about several things ... but a primary goal for me right is to continue to build my strength and stamina. I have always been an active  athlete. I have walked, hiked, played ball, run, swam ... just about anything and everything over the years. I love life and I love being active.

However the past 11 months I have laid on the couch and struggled to breath. Now that I am healed, it is time to gather up the reins of my life and part of that is exercise. So I have been walking and last week I began running. Well ... it is really run, walk, run walk. But it is a start!

I did just over 2 miles today and it really felt good. I was not exhausted when I was done ... and that feels really good. It reminds me that I am healing and that I am getting better every day.

So now I just need to keep motivated and keep trying. ...

Just Connie

No comments: