Monday, June 3, 2013

Garden

I recently joined the green team ... I planted a garden. The garden really comes by way of our local Kiwanis who decided that they would build me a raised bed for veggies. It grew into a much bigger project that I was expecting and it is beautiful! I now have everything planted and I am watching with joy as things are sprouting and growing. I have lettuce, cabbage, spinach, tomatoes, peppers, carrots and radishes. As well as zucchini and pumpkin. I have also planted some fo the fresh herbs that I love so much and have missed like rosemary, basil, parsley and sage.

This is the first time I have planted anything resembling a garden since my life blew up and changed so much 15 years ago. It truly was another life time ago and I am thankful for the healing that has happened that is allowing me to do this.

I am also deeply appreciative of all of the help I have had to make this happen. I could not have done this alone. I live in a truly wonderful community and have incredible friends.

Now if I will just remember to keep it watered ....

Just Connie

No comments: