Thursday, June 6, 2013

Vandalism

This is just a small glimpse of my afternoon. One of the community projects that I have been involved with is the restoration of the old high school into a community center.

Sometimes it seems that just as fast as we restore the vandals are breaking. This time is was the concession stand that is attached to the football stadium.

It seems that there were actually two problems.

Problem number 1; The School as in Willamina High School  had left it in a mess from football  usage. There was food left in there nothing put away or organized. Which drew pests of the four legged furry variety. Which caused me to walk in and go "Ewwwwwww!"

 Problem number 2;  someone broke in and vandalized it by spraying the fire extinguisher everywhere. There is an inch of fire chemicals on everything. On the floor, on the shelves, on all the supplies and on all of the equipment. It is also in the equipment because they opened stuff up and sprayed in everything they could, which included the large commercial pop corn popper. I was trying hard to only breath through the sleeve of my shirt because every step we took raised a cloud of chemicals.

It is getting harder and harder to stay ahead of whoever has been targeting the school and I have to admit it is also discouraging. I have things I would rather do than spend the day making police reports and surveying damage.

Personally I am thinking someone needs a spanking .... and I am thinking I will sic my mother right on it! After all .... she sure scares me!

Just Connie

No comments: