Saturday, June 8, 2013

What a Day

Today has been filled to the brim with stuff. It began at 6:45am when I arrived to help set up for the Annual Fishing Derby, For the next two hours I checked in excited children and explained the procedure to parents. In between I enjoyed friends and being out in the bright sunshine.

At 9:00am I headed to the church for the Men's Ministry meeting. I enjoyed a great breakfast with some incredible men. I was then given a first hand demo on how our new commercial dishwasher works. (Explanation ... I did the dishes)

From there at 11:00 I dashed home, changed and grabbed my work gloves and joined the rest of the fellas and headed out to cut down trees. We cut down 2 thirty foot tall pear trees and hauled off the limbs and cut and stacked the rest. It was fun and good hard work.

By 2:00 I was back home where I threw on clean clothes and headed to visit with a couple in crisis. I spent the next hour with them, listening, encouraging and praying with them.

By 3:30 I was back home once again where I began the process of preparing for tomorrow's potluck and Pie Auction. That meant I had to dishes to prepare and two pies. I am taking a break right now with one dish completely done, 1 pie completely done. 1 casserole partly done and cupcakes yet to be fixed.

These are the days that I often think my male counterpoints (male pastors) do not have a clue how challenging it is for me to prepare for Sunday events. They prepare their sermon and their wives take care of everything else. I have to get up in the morning and prepare everything for the potluck and of course my offerings for the pie auction. besides all of the normal pastoral kind of stuff. In fact I am actually playing two roles. Sometimes, like today it is very challenging.

However, I will persevere and in a little while I will pry myself off the couch and go and start the next batch of cupcakes.

This will all be worth it .... right?

Just Connie

No comments: